November 14, 2007

"Turkey Day" Should go the Way of the Dodo!

Are you ready for tomorrow? It's Thursday I know but it is, as you are well aware--THANKSGIVING DAY, not "turkey day."


Now maybe you are in one of those pouting modes; you know, "Woe is me, poor me, sorry me, life has given me such a bum wrap. I deserve better! I deserve more!


Well, actually I agree--at least with half of that mindset. We all deserve MORE--but certainly not BETTER!


You see what we truly deserve is the condemnation of a perfect God who loathes imperfection. What we truly deserve is the wrath of a holy God poured out on unholy people. So, yup, we sure do deserve more! But instead, that holy God, that perfect God came to be our substitute giving us the perfection that God still demands from each of us and came as the substitute taking the condemnation we so richly deserve.

Now--do you have anything to be thankful for tomorrow?

Listen to the words of the Psalms:

I will give thanks to the LORD according to His righteousness; Psalm 7:17

I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; Psalm 9:1

I will give thanks to Thee among the nations, O LORD, Psalm 18:49

O LORD my God, I will give thanks to Thee forever. Psalm 30:12

I will give thanks to Thy name, O LORD, for it is good. Psalm 54:6

I will give thanks to Thee, O Lord, among the peoples; Psalm 57:9

With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the LORD; Psalm 109:30

I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Psalm 139:14

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day--not "Turkey Day" so when you gather around the table whether you are with a large family or are seated by yourself at a forlorn restaurant remember--He has given us all cause to be thankful no matter what circumstances we are in--for this life is but for a moment and if you realize that and believe that in the words of the Psalmist--Then you will say on that day, "I will give thanks to Thee, O LORD; For although You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, And You comfort me." Isaiah 12:1

1 Comments:

Blogger skippy said...

More now than ever is it easier for me to understand what it means when I ask my father "how are you" and he answers "better than I deserve" just how truthful that statement is.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home