December 13, 2005

Justice Prevails in Williams' Execution

Just about one week ago today Stanley Tookie Williams was executed for the brutal slaying of four people including a child and that is not including the many more he was responsible for instigating as the leader of the Crips gang.

The statement made by Barbara Becnel, a former Los Angeles Times reporter, that "The state of California just killed an innocent man." shows you the mindset of liberals who are honestly demented.

There has never been serious allegation that he was not guilty of the crimes; rather the arguments to spare him were along the lines of “This was a man who did some good things.”

That is intriguing for I remember a woman by the name of Carla Faye Tucker who truly was redeemed in every sense of the word, and yet I don’t recall any Hollywood know-it-alls running to her defense. Could it be that her redemption was “only” that she met Christ and acknowledged her crimes and the appropriateness of her sentence? I find it ironic that these Hollywood idiots—that is from the New Testament Greek “idiotase,” cry out for the right of a woman to murder her baby then cry out to defend the life of a convicted murderer. There is a warped consistency there but I digress…

Williams committed capital crimes and a capital sentence was carried out. It really is that simple.

What is scary is that Monday morning I heard two men talking about the situation as we watched MSNBC’s coverage in a waiting room at Sears. They both felt Williams should be spared since he had done “some good things,” and if they execute him, then there will be no incentive to others on death row to likewise do good things.

Their logic was dizzying and my tongue was bleeding from biting it listening to these two geniuses.

People just don’t want to understand that people on death row aren’t there to be rehabilitated; they are there to pay the ultimate price for taking the life of an image bearer of God. That is not man’s doing, that is God’s merciful judgment on a sinful people to protect society from the worst of criminals. It is also a statement by God as to the unique worth of one created by God.

So justice was served and one thing is certain, Williams will not ever kill anyone else. Sounds like a deterrent to me.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's merciful judgement? Who the hell are you to determine what is and what is not God's merciful judgement? Is the what you teach during your church meetings? You kill so I kill you. And to make it worse, you say that this is God's way of showing merci?

I am not defending this man and I don't know if he is guilty or not; but neither do you. What I do know is that God did not have anything to do with the murder of Stanley. You and your twisty sense of justice are responsible for his murder, not God.

Not much has change, has it?

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous 1, are you a moron or are you a moron? As a founder of the Crips, Tookie Williams was fortunate that he was only charged with the few murders that landed him on death row to begin with. It doesn't matter if this was God's judgement or not. God calls us to obey man's laws, as long as they are not conflicting with His laws. Tookie violated those laws and paid the price. This man was proven beyond a doubt that he was guilty, and admitted that he was guilty. What kind of warped liberal are you? Excuse me for using warped, I know that was redundant.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon 2 - Moron is as moron does - and you seem to me to fit the bill. Only God can dole out death and judgement.

You and Cripes need to get a clue. It is typical for religous fanatics to be some certain that they are right - you are in for a surprise when you enter the great beyond. You have not been reading you bible, only thumping it.

8:48 AM  
Blogger PB said...

I do not routinely respond to comments but I am compelled to due to the profound ignorance of the comments made. If you take exception to my point of view, then tell me--and others--why. Since I have identified the source of my opinion--the Bible--it would be reasonable for you to take me to task by showing where and how I have mishandled the Bible. Calling me a name may make you feel good, but it does nothing to deligitimize my
viewpoint. God instituted capital punishment for the welfare of the community. That is why it is merciful! That is not my opinion, that is historical/theolgical reality. I did not determine that, God did. Show me where I am wrong or take it up with God.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Profound ignorage? Your pedantic style is over the top even for a religious extremist.

Don't post comments on a blog and expect people not to be critical. If you want our opinion Cripes, then post and read. Otherwise you can rage at the wall at home and spare us this dribble.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, I believe the question asked and once again UN answered was how did Cripe mishandle the bible. Here's a newsflash for you...spouting off with nonfactual rhetoric makes you appear simple and angry. If you could compose a logical and factual argument perhaps you could have a dialogue with someone...yours is the type of comment that makes me laugh..

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a few questions answered for you: are you a idiot? Yes. Do religious fanatics concoct circular arguments and play fast and loose with the facts? Yes. Is it possible that you are one of these intellegent design freaks that got spanked today in court? Maybe, but unknown.

Does Cripes post on a public blog just to hear his own voice or is he looking for a variety of opinions representing different points of view? Now that is an unanswered question...

8:13 PM  
Blogger PB said...

For the record--the name is CRIPE, not CRIPES.

Okay we have established that I am an idiot, a moron, and pendatic but I have yet to hear reason as to why my opinion is wrong other than some don't like it.

To answer the unanswered question--I don't blog to get other's opinions. :)
I blog because these are on the radio and not everyone who wants to hear them catches them so I have put them in this format due to popular demand.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The level of intellectual stimuli that "anon" brings to the blog is worth pointing out... for all of anon's previous posts here are some highlights.

"I'm rubber... you're glue", "I know you are but what am I?" but really .. Do you want me to call the wambulance for you? ... or "would you like a whamburger and some french cries?" ...

Go post somewhere else...you have nothing to add...just parochial playground junk.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This last post either display complete ignorance, or someone who has wandered off the grounds of the asylum. Hint for the future: don't use big words like "parochial" unless you understand them and can form a thought.

Cripe, no offense, but if you did not want feedback you would not use a blog. Just post your thoughts on a website like the CCL with no ability to respond. Otherwise you invite people with different opinions, which I know is something the wacko religious right can't stand. They prefer "do it my way or you are going to hell. Only I know the true path. Challenge me and you are Satan etc. etc"

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is called sarcasm. If you hadn't written the previous posts you should have read them. They sound very much like a child on a playground, name calling and pointless. By the way parochial does include the definition narrrow in scope so it actually was very fitting.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home