March 09, 2006

"Mommy" Madonna Has Different Standard for Her Own

Don’t you find it interesting when some of culture’s stars, who have made their fortunes selling all manner of immoral and destructive fodder for your children, admit that they don’t even allow their own children to imbibe of the same things?
I have heard numerous celebrities over the years—singers; rappers and movie stars who have argued and protested when someone else raises the issue of the corrupting nature of what they produce. Yet when asked if they allow they’re own children to listen to the music they are peddling to everyone else’s children or watch the movies they have made, they say things like, “Are you kidding?” “No, I don’t want my child listening/watching to that garbage.”
Well Madonna breaks onto the scene again with a story published in the March 7th Chicago Tribune.
Madonna, now Mommy Madonna, was queried by her 9 year old, as to whether or not Madonna was gay. What provoked the question was the 9 year old’s knowledge that her mommy Madonna had kissed Brittany Spears before millions of viewers at the 2003 MTV music awards.
Madonna says her daughter is somewhat obsessed with who is and who isn’t gay and likes to guess who is and who isn’t as they are out and about people watching.
So how did Madonna answer her daughter? She said, “No, it just means I kissed Britney Spears. I am the mommy pop star and she is the baby pop star. And I am kissing her to pass my energy on to her."
Now shouldn’t Madonna have been honest with her daughter and told her that at the least she is bi-sexual? Doesn’t it sound like Madonna is a bit ashamed of her daughter maybe thinking she is gay? But why should she if it is such a natural and wonderful part of who a person is? Why didn’t she just say, “I like kissing girls sometimes; sometimes I like kissing guys?”
Could it be that she doesn’t want her daughter to grow up with an aberrant sexuality; that she knows inherently that God intended for such relationships to be between a man and a woman?
Now I can’t read Madonna’s mind but it sure sounds like an attempt to gently distance her daughter from the degenerate and debauched world-view through which she has made millions warping everyone else’s kids.
It’s the old, “Don’t do what I do, do what I say.” approach to life. Jesus calls it hypocrisy and worse.

1 Comments:

Blogger PB said...

Iraq certainly isn't as "easy" as I suppose many perhaps thought it might be, but it is still the right course of action if you care one wit for anyone but your own sweet comfort. Sounds like you have thoroughly swallowed the media's line all the way. That's too bad. As Solomon said, "The first to plead his case seems right until another comes and examines him." I have spoken with eye witnesses who have served there and funny, but they have an entirely different view than the media's.

By the way, you would be "heard" more readily if you could express yourself without the use of profanity. And one more thing my friend, who is forcing you to visit my blog? Oh, I forgot, "Free speech" belongs only to the liberals of this land. My mistake.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home