November 18, 2004

Arafat is Dead!

Finally the waiting is over. Yasser Arafat is dead and while it may seem un-Christian, I say, “Good riddance and may the rest of his kind follow closely behind!”

Now before some uninformed, make that, ignorant, bleeding heart, Christian clacks their tongue in disgust thinking that’s no way for a Christian much less a minister to talk let me redirect your naïve world view by listening to what a fairly famous man once wrote about his enemies.

May the table set before them become a snare;
may it become retribution and a trap.
May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,
and their backs be bent forever.
Pour out your wrath on them;
let your fierce anger overtake them.
May their place be deserted;
let there be no one to dwell in their tents.
For they persecute those you wound
and talk about the pain of those you hurt.
Charge them with crime upon crime;
do not let them share in your salvation.
May they be blotted out of the book of life
and not be listed with the righteous.
Psalm 69:22-28;

The man was King David, you know , the one of whom God said
He is a man after my own heart. 1 Samuel 13:14;

Arafat is the man who more than any other is responsible for the dismembered bodies of babies, women and children, moms and dads, brothers and sisters whose only crime was to sit down at a neighborhood café for lunch or board a bus to go to school.

This leader of the PLO, a terrorist group as lethal and demonic as Al Queda and the Taliban has been murdering innocent people for decades. If there’s a hall of infamy for people who should have bypassed their time on earth and gone straight to hell, Arafat is right there with, Stalin, Hitler, Bin Laden, and Sadam Hussein.

Ah, but mindful of the axiom that one should never speak ill of the dead I will end with about the only good thing I can think to say about this man and that is, “He’s dead.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you wish death upon your brother?

You imply that whoever disagrees with what you have written must have a naïve world view, and that according to King David and you, the enemy should be hated, killed and not be let to share in your salvation (whatever that means). Do you PREACH this to your community?

Let me direct you to a piece that you might even know by heart, yet not practice.

Mathew 5:43
43 "You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. 44 But I tell you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. For He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Don't even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing out of the ordinary? Don't even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I personally, would give more credit to the man I just quoted above who taught love and lived by love before a man who fought wars, killed 100 Philistines to get laid, committed adultery and murder.

12:23 AM  
Blogger PB said...

Dear annonymous, When you've read the Bible in it's entirety, then come back and try to make some argument about Jesus and Love etc. The Bible was meant to be taken aas a whole not picking and choosing a passage ripped out of the context of the greater whole. Arafat was not my "brother." And Jeuss didn't extend his hand of love too just anybody as you try to imply. Jesus is speaking to Pharisees in John 8:44. You are hard pressed to find the back slapping, "I just love you," Jesus some imagine.

"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar, and the father of lies."

No Arafat is not my brother and while he was alive I prayed for his repentance but as the Bible would clearly reveal to you, there are some people who are simply evil and need to be "removed."

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Bill, I have not read the bible in its entirety and I don't think I ever will. I've lived in a house of church going people all my life and have read a good part of the Bible. I did not start to comprehend my role in this whole thing until recently. I'm 24 years old.

I started reading about Jesus and it turned my life around. I have read of all his unconditional love and the way he spread it. I intend to follow his steps and don't really care what the rest of the Bible says. God sent his son (the Man himself) to teach us the way that we should live.

Jesus said:

"You have learnt how it was said to our ancestors: 'You must not kill; and anyone does kill he must answer for it before the court.' But I say this to you: anyone who is angry with his brother will answer for it before the court."

"You have learnt how it was said: 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.' But I say to you, Offer the wicked man no resistance. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; if a man takes you to law and would have your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone orders you to go one mile, go two miles with him."

Pastor Cripe you are probably laughing at my naive ness, but I assure you, I have faith that my child-like way of viewing this world will give me favor in heaven.

Jesus said, "I tell you solemnly, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Mt. 18.3

I believe Him.

Pastor Cripe, with all due respect, you are wrong. I believe that people need to live a life of love and justice like the Son of God did. We all should act like him and love like him. Remember that He said to forget what you have been told in the past on how you should live life because he is the way and the only way.

Arafat IS your Brother.

Liz

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home