January 15, 2008

Mr. President, You Got Some Splainin To Do!"

I have never been anything but an ardent supporter of the current president. That has never meant that I don't have some big differences on some pretty important areas of policy but in most of the major areas of life, the president and I have always seen eye to eye with the exception of immigration. But his present position concerning Israel and the so-called "Palestinians" has me absolutely dumbfounded. Finishing his trip to the Middle East last week He used words like "the occupation that began in 1967," "Palestinian homeland" "compensation" and "lasting peace."

Now I happen to know this president is not stupid but I cannot for the life of me figure out what he is thinking concerning Israel and the centuries old strife between Jews and Arabs.

Israel has never been an occupier of anyone's land but their own and I am not even referring to their claim of Divine right (which happens to be valid but that is another book…) I am referring to the dictates of the League of Nations and later, the United Nations which clearly gave the disputed land to the Jews long ago.

Bush said that establishing a Palestinian state would increase the security of Israel. Huh? The "Palestinians" (a misnomer since everyone living in that area of the world are all "Palestinians") are the people who swear on their mother's camel that there will never be peace until Israel is extinct. This has nothing to do with borders and I know the President knows this. I am befuddled but the President continues and chides Israel for "undermining Palestinian efforts to modernize the Palestinian Authority's security forces." Excuse me? Israel is doing nothing that we wouldn't do and haven't done when our national security was in jeopardy. We set up a blockade around an island south of Florida to keep Russia from "modernizing their security forces." I am wondering if the president didn't inhale some of the second hand smoke his predecessor didn't.

I understand legacy building and all that and I understand election year politics enough but this is selling out a nation and pretty well signing their death certificates. So Mr. President you got some 'splainin to do!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

This is something you'd never hear out of Gov. Huckabee's mouth! :)

9:45 PM  
Blogger PB said...

Not until he's in office at any rate... :)

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home